New Victory LabWorks is committed to fostering an inclusive program where every artist feels welcome. We encourage creators who are diverse in identity, perspective, ability and experience to apply. We believe it is important for young audience members from all communities to see themselves represented on stage with stories that are relevant to their lives.
2020 – 21 New Victory LabWorks Artist Applications
Applications are now open for the 2020-21 New Victory LabWorks program. Applications are due by 5pm on Wednesday, February 5, 2020.
- Artist(s) must be NYC-based and available to participate between August 2020 and July 2021.
- Artist(s) must be 18 years of age or older.
- Artist(s) must apply with a concept for a specific project. The project must be intended for family audiences (artist does not need prior experience in creating work suitable for families).
- Proposed project must be in development, but may be at any point during development, including initial concept.
- Artist(s) must have secured the rights to use or incorporate any pre-existing material (if applicable) as part of the proposed project.
- Artist(s) must be able to attend rehearsals in Manhattan. Rehearsal hours are typically Monday through Saturday, within the hours of 10am to 6pm.
- Artist(s) must be interested in actively participating in all aspects of the New Victory LabWorks program, including professional development, monthly meetings with the 2020-21 LabWorks cohort, peer-based exchange and peer and/or audience feedback.
Instructions and Application
If you are interested in reviewing the application questions and required materials before applying, please refer to this document.
- Please complete the application and include support materials via a Dropbox link. If you have physical materials to submit, please let us know by emailing LabWorks@NewVictory.org.
- Once all applications are reviewed, a select group of applicants will be contacted to participate in an interview with members of the New Victory Artistic Programming staff. All applicants will receive notification of final decisions. No phone calls, please.
Applications are due by 5pm on Wednesday, February 5, 2020. Incomplete or late applications will not be reviewed.