A classroom participates in one of the New Vic's educational workshops.
Our 2015–16 season here at The New Victory Theater has drawn to a close and we're turning our attention to this summer's Victory Dance and the bevy of shows we'll be offering up next season. The beginning of summer doesn't just signify the end of our season, however. Right about now, New York City's school kids are eagerly anticipating the three months of freedom waiting for them during the summer. Hold on just a moment before putting on your sunscreen and swimming goggles and take a trip down memory lane with us.
Our New Vic Education Department just collected some feedback from the fantastic teachers who brought their students to one (or more!) of our shows this season. They asked the teachers both why they bring their students to the New Vic and what moments stood out for them (or their kids!) in particular:
Why do you bring your students to The New Victory Theater?
• The students experience the freedom to express themselves.
• You are very organized, from the staff to the ushers to everyone else involved. Thanks a lot. It is always an awesome experience!
• I want my students to see beautiful art in motion!
• Being able to talk to the cast and crew and learn about the process of putting on and developing a show is invaluable.
• What could be better?
• Your shows are always some of the best, most memorable experiences our kids have all year!
• They have a chance to see live shows!
• They may never get to experience theater without our class trips to the New Vic!
• Our students are always ready to learn because of the workshops! Thank you!
• It makes it possible to see live theater!
• The kids need entertainment and exposure :)
• The sign language interpreters at every performance. Thank you for providing them! We love you!
• We love the fantastic workshops, they take the shows to a new level. Our students feel as though they are part of a special group.
• I couldn't ask for a better venue for my special needs students!
• You provide an experience very few of our students would have had otherwise.
• My students LOVE the New Vic. The shows are awesome, kid appropriate, and professionally done. Keep up the great work. You are touching lives!
What was your favorite New Vic moment of the year?
• Hearing my 1st grader say "This was the best day ever!"
• It was a great first year. Our workshops and performances were amazing!
• Bello! We are performing a school circus after seeing Bello. The workshop was also amazing!
• ANY teacher workshop.
• Seeing my students really enjoy opportunities to express themselves and try new things. Every week they become greater reflections of themselves.
• My kids' mouths hitting the floor when Bello was on the basket.
• Being mesmerized by the great dancing in Untapped
• Hearing how much my students loved Museum of Memories
and experiencing post dramatic FOMO.
• We loved Untapped
, it really rocked. Fly
was also brilliant. We love it all!
• My kids jaws dropping when they saw Pedal Punk
was so fly! We all loved it! Beautiful show!
• Watching my kids engage in drama about war, Fly
• The pre and post workshops were amazing and my students were engaged and enthralled :)
At the end of this season we want to thank you, our incredible audience. Without your enthusiasm and #LoveofTheater none of this would be possible. We look forward to seeing you over the summer months for Victory Dance and all throughout our 2016-17 season.
||Curious about learning more about Education Partnerships and The New Victory Theater? Make sure to check out all that we have to offer here for next season!